ITA Quarterly Update Now Available
Download Your Copy Today
Lots of information in this quarterly packet! There are many programs your staff may take advantage of but we need your help in routing the information to as many people within your organization as possible.
A packet of this information was sent by post mail to the ITA primary contact person today. Please feel free to forward the information to your entire address book. This quarter’s packet includes:
Information on the STEM in 30 Webcast, sponsored by the ITA Education committee in cooperation with the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. The next broadcast will be March 30th and May 25th.
- The Education committee is also hosting a variety of workshops in Europe and the US during 2016 including the Fundamentals of Titanium; How to Weld Titanium; and the new Metallography of Titanium and Its Alloys. The ITA Website has the updated schedule and dates.
- The Safety Committee has started collecting data for the Combustible Titanium Study. I have enclosed a copy of the survey for your consideration and review along with the press release issued this quarter. It is essential to collect as much feedback as possible from the titanium industry and we hope you will consider participating in this online survey. Download the Entire Quarterly Packet Here
- The Industrial Applications committee has enclosed this quarter’s Industrial Edition of Titanium Today. Please refer to page 38 for updated information on Titanium Grade 12 requirements to expand industrial applications. The committee needs samples for the test program for two additional heats. Representation from other manufacturers in the testing process is important to the success of this project. Please contact ITA if you may help supply sample materials for this effort at your earliest opportunity.
- The TITANIUM USA 2016 organizing committee has issued a Call for Papers and is asking for your assistance is supplying topics for the upcoming general session. Please note, early bird incentives for registration end April 15th. ITA is offering $100 off registration rates for those who book their hotel under the ITA guest room block.
- Women in Titanium has posted dates and registration information for 2016 activities. Please refer to the attached brochure and online for more details on all the upcoming events.
- The Consumer Applications committee is developing a contest which will strive to attract small companies or individuals who are consumer product designers using titanium. Applicants would be interested in exhibiting their products and giving a 15 minute presentation about their work at the coming to the upcoming Scottsdale show in September. Winners will be sponsored by the ITA Consumer committee and more details on this contest will be released soon.
- The Trade Show Committee exhibited at the Singapore Air Show last month and the Aerospace Committee has enclosed an Executive Summary report on behalf of the ITA Membership. The report was developed by an independent freelance writer on behalf of ITA and is intended to provide a broad overview of the event, especially to serve those who may not have had the opportunity to attend in person.
- The Grant committee is seeking candidates for this year’s $20,000 TAD Award – the program is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. More details regarding the program are attached.