Metallography of Titanium Workshop in conjunction with TITANIUM USA 2017
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Posted by: Luke Bodley
Metallography of Titanium Workshop
(In conjunction with TITANIUM USA 2017)
with Frauke Hogue
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
This practical, full day of information would be appropriate for anyone interested in understanding the microstructures of titanium alloys.
Specific topics will include:
- Brief history of titanium and alloy development
- Overview of the general properties of the alloy groups and their applications
- Basic metallurgy of titanium including the terminology used to describe microstructures
- Microstructures of the most common alloys with variations caused by manufacturing methods and heat treatments
- Defects specific to titanium introduced in primary & secondary manufacturing and heat treatment
- Proper metallographic sample reparation techniques to reveal the true microstructure including a discussion of the effects of various etchants.
Who Should Attend?
- Laboratory Technicians
- Quality Control
- Failure Analysts
- R&D Metallographers
- R&D Metallurgists