This opportunity is available to any graduate student(s) (single or teams) who have been involved in Titanium metal research for several years. Specific times during the conference will provide maximum exposure for the poster sessions. Judges will be comprised of a panel of ITA members whose primary expertise is in Titanium Research & Development.
TITANIUM EUROPE 2018 - 14 May - 16 May 2018 in Seville, Spain.
DEADLINE: 2nd April 2018
Benefits of applying for the Poster Exhibit for Research & Development on Titanium:
- Posters are open to any topics (not restricted to any specific theme)
- Ability to present your ideas to key representatives in the titanium industry
- Conference registration will be sponsored
- Travel and 2 nights hotel sponsored if participant is located outside of conference city
- Networking advantages
- Mention in “Titanium Today” and various Press Releases
- Your Professor is welcome to accompany you to the TITANIUM Conference at the discounted Academic rate
Exhibit for Research & Development on Titanium Poster Session Application
Prepare Your Poster
- While the TITANIUM Conference welcomes delegates from many countries, the official language of the conference is English and all Posters should be presented in English.
- The student must be present at the event and must be available to stand next to their poster display for a period of at least 45 minutes to answer any questions.
- Proposals must include a title, author(s), format, and abstract (maximum 500 words) describing the proposal. The abstract should follow the structure of:
- Purpose Design/Methodology/Approach Findings
- Practical Implications/Value
- Relevance to effective, sustainable, and practical content
- Clarity of expression
- Status of research: Are the results in hand? When appropriate, please include the timeline for completion of research.
Applications may be submitted through 2nd April, 2018. Applications approved will be notified approximately 2 weeks thereafter. Please send the completed application to the International Titanium Association at ITA@titanium.org.
- The size of posters should be not more than 4’ high x 8’ wide (approximately 1.2 meters high x 2.4 meters wide). Size requirements must be strictly adhered to so posters fit within the space as assigned. If your poster exceeds these specifications, it may be subject to removal.
- Posters may be attached to the boards using Velcro or pushpins. All poster presenters are encouraged to bring their own supplies.
- The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract.
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper. Indicate 1) the abstract’s presentation number, 2) title, and 3) authors’ names.
- Highlight the authors’ names, e-mails, and address information in case the viewer is interested in contacting you for more information.
- Business cards or small leaflet literature for distribution may be inserted in an envelope and affixed to the board.
- Prepare all diagrams or charts neatly and legibly beforehand in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters. Paragraph and figure caption text should be AT LEAST 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers AT LEAST 36 point font (1.2 cm height). Use creativity by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps even color.
- Use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar contained in your graph or chart. A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) for headers and figure labels.
- Organize the paper on the poster board so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory. You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc.
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier for a viewer to follow your display.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
- Please do not laminate your poster to ensure that it can be recycled.
- ITA abides by antitrust guidelines and also abides by a separate resolution which specifies that issues on price, capacity or market forecasts past, present or future will not be discussed in any ITA gathering. Any questions regarding suitable items for display or discussion should be reviewed with either ITA Legal Counsel or an ITA staff person prior to open discussion.
Telephone: +1-303-404-2221 or Fax: +1-303-404-9111
Exhibit for Research & Development
on Titanium Poster Session Application